How To Pre-Shrink Wool... Fast and Easy at Home !
So I thought you might be interested to know of an easy yet professional method that I use to pre-shrink wool yardage. It is one of many that I learned during my Tailor Apprenticeship.
when we can do it easily at home?
- Serge or zig-zag the raw cut edges of the fabric.
- Next, wet some clean thick towels with HOT water until they are wet but not dripping.
- Now toss the hot wet towels and the fabric into your clothes dryer.
- Set the dryer on HIGH heat, and tumble the fabric and hot wet towels for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the yardage out of the dryer and lay it flat until it is cool.
The appropriate interfacing for this fabric is PRO-WEFT Supreme Fusible Light.