OTC-011 Off The Cuff ~Sewing Style~: "The Knot that's Not a Knot, Cowl Collar", Tutorial Revisited <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10604511\x26blogName\x3dOff+The+Cuff+++++++++~Sewing+Style~\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8803809636534965068', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

9/29/2012

"The Knot that's Not a Knot, Cowl Collar", Tutorial Revisited


 Click Here to learn how to make

I am revisiting one of my most popular tutorials because....
not-fun-at-all  thing happened on my way to writing the
"ShirtMaker's Secret" Collar Tutorial that I promised to show you. 
  

Being busy at work is the only good thing in an otherwise pitiful scenario. What follows is the "idiocy/pitiful" part.  

I have not had a spare moment to even step into my Studio for several days, and because I tend to be absentminded about these kinds of things...I left 2 large dehumidifiers running full-blast in my Sewing Studio for almost 6 full days days!  Now my sewing machines and even my computer in that room are "dead".  My repairman said that the hot dry air could have gotten so dry as to gum-up the grease (???)...but whatever, all I know is that (OMG) I now have 4 sewing machines that no longer work...at all.  They can be rescued, but it will take some time at the repair shop. I am choosing not to think about what all that hyper-dry air might have done to all of my thread.  But I will oil up my vintage machines (thankfully being kept in a different place), and get that Shirt-Collar tutorial to you as soon as I possibly can. 

In the meantime you have my apology, and hopefully you will enjoy the revisit of this tutorial about how to make one of my favorite designs, The Knotted Cowl....click here for the tutorial.


What do you think? Please add a comment by clicking here-->

9 Comments:

Blogger a little sewing said...

The not-a-knot collar collar is really pretty, thanks for sharing. I am so sorry to hear about the de-humidity accident in your sewing room. What a major PIA for you. Good luck with getting everything sorted out!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Wow, that is some serious "dry"!! Hope all is back to working order for you real soon.senrel 9

1:08 PM  
Blogger Linda T said...

Oh, BUMMER! about the machine repairs needed. I left my Janome 10000 on for 24 hours the other day. Went in to start sewing and flipped the switch expecting it to turn on and realized I had just turned it off-after being on since I had been sewing the day before. Sometimes my brain takes a vacation!

2:49 PM  
Blogger BeaJay said...

Ohhh ahhhh - although I am sorry that you are going through your problems with your machines / threads.... It has brought a great tutorial to light - LOVE the knotted cowl and will need to try this. Love the fabric too.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Oh dear! Not good. Looking forward to the point tutorial and will pin this great one as well. thanks.

10:18 PM  
Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

Oh, Pam, I feel for your loss.

Back in grad school, I was our research group's UNIX sys admin. I took it seriously and read all the manufacturer's operating instructions. Who knew that computers have relative humidity minimums and maximums? I learned then.

I guess you learned the hard way that ultra low humidity kills electronics.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Aw, Pam, I'm sorry for your low-humidity woes. At least by posting about it, you may have saved someone else (me, for example, who knew nothing about this possible problem) from her own disaster.
I hope your machines can be put back in good working order quickly and for not too much money. {{{hugs}}}

8:40 PM  
Blogger My Handmadehappiness said...

Oh dear Pam... That sucks :( I hope things are on the road to being fixed. Fab tutorial ;) xx

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. This sounds like a succession of shocks: first that the dehumidifiers were on, then that the machines didn't work(!) and finally what that really meant. I hope that getting the dried up grease out, and new grease in, does the trick, although I suppose the electronics are toast. Sounds like a very expensive mess . . . . Elle

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Site Meter