OTC-011 Off The Cuff ~Sewing Style~: What I'm Sewing... <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10604511\x26blogName\x3dOff+The+Cuff+++++++++~Sewing+Style~\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8803809636534965068', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

5/06/2010

What I'm Sewing...


I have been sewing for 2 darling little girls :)
The first top/tunic is made from Amy Butler cotton fabric for 8-month old Brooklyn.  It is #3, Ottobre Issue 01/08. The blue outfit, also for Brooklyn,  is a quick little set made from lightweight cotton woven. The pants are #6 from Ottobre Issue 04/09, Top is #1, from Ottobre Issue 01/08.  I added a "euro-ruffle" to the bottom of the tunic for some extra detail.

Labels: ,

What do you think? Please add a comment by clicking here-->

9 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

How adorable! And I love those Amy Butler fabrics.

1:43 PM  
Blogger gwensews said...

Wow, how cute are those two little outfits? But 28 white shirts? No wonder you have stress!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anne Frances said...

Those are lovely. Do you find the Ottobre patterns run very wide across the chest? It looks as if the 3/1/08 has a lot of width at the bottom of the armholes, and when I did 5/3/09 I had to take about an inch and a half out across the width as it was falling of my grandaughter! May be I just have very narrow-chested grandchildren!
I do like the colours and the fabric combination for the summer
Anne

7:55 AM  
Blogger Pam Erny said...

Hi Anne...3/1/08 was designed to worn over another top. It was the first one I made, and yes I think it looks a little wide too! I have made the baby a few more of this style, and have made them more narrow through the chest.
Normally I find that Ottobre fit is usually spot-on...I have been using the patterns for years, But I am new to using them for babies ;) I've sewn mostly for toddlers to age 10 or so, and have found the fit to be very good....unless they are designed to be baggy. But that is easy to see from the fashion photos in the magazine.

From now on, when I sew for babies, I am going to check the chest measurement of the pattern before I cut and sew...just to be on the safe side :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Summerset said...

Super cute - these must have made the time fly because you were having fun!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh So cute. Aren't children's clothes fun to make!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

These are adorable! Great fabric choices.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Cennetta said...

Very cute. Great way to pass the time. 28 shirts..., Wow! What an order.

3:05 PM  
Blogger KathleenNW said...

Pam you're amazing. How about teaching a class on blouse making on Patternreview.com I'd be the first one signed up!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Site Meter