Finally....my client's shirt is complete
and winging its way to him by Priority Mail !
I'd like to mention a few things about some of the details of this shirt. In previous posts, I was undecided about how to best use the contrast side of the denim. As you can see, I ended up using the contrast for both of the front button plackets, the top of the pocket and both sides of the collar stand (band). I decided to add a contrast detail to the sleeve, but I wanted it to be very subtle. So I made a 2-piece sleeve placket and used the contrast side of the fabric for the under-lap. You can see it peeking out of the unbuttoned cuff in this photo I hastily snapped just before the shirt was packed and sent on its way. Oh...one more thing...if you notice that one sleeve appears longer than the other, it is because it was pulled forward for the photo.
Labels: Shirt Designs, Spade Hem